There’s a fair amount of clean loo products out there, but apparently one of the things of the now, are things that fizz and give off fragrance. Fair dos, I mean who wants a nasty shitbox?
If you look at the ingredients, the tablets are essentially similar to bath bombs, except yer chucking them down the loo. I use coconut oil in my bath bombs, but you shouldn’t do that with this unless you want a blocked and slimy bog. These substances are safe to mix, and there is no bleach involved.
Shit you’ll need:
- Moulds of some description, something with small sections. Silicone chocolate moulds or ice cube trays are good ideas. If you only have larger moulds, then you can cut the tablets to size after.
- 1cup of bicarbonate of soda.
- Half a cup of Epsom salts.
- Half a cup of citric acid crystals.
- A BASIC liquid surfactant, such as washing up liquid, an anti bacterial one is a good idea.
- This is OPTIONAL, but if you want them to be fragrant then you’ll need to add either fragrances suitable for use in soaps etc, or your favourite essential oils. Ten drops of oil or the equivalent in fragrances.
This will make a large amount of fizzies, because this combination puffs up like fuck. That’s kind of the point. You combine all the dry ingredients, and slowly drizzle your chosen liquid soap in SMALL AMOUNTS until it fluffs up. When you have finished with the soap, add your chosen scents if you’re adding any.
Yes it might LOOK like meringue, but please don’t eat it because you’ll be quite sick, and you’ll also look a bit silly.
It will shrink down when you mix it, but left to sit it swells again. It is for that reason that you only need to put a very small amount in your moulds as it will end up like this if you overfill:
You can also cover the tray with waxed paper and weight if you find it just won’t stop mutating.
Ideally you’ll leave the mixture overnight to set properly. Once they are set, throw one down the loo and watch it fizz it’s arse off. They’re also great for shoving down plug holes as a freshener.
I pressed them with a spoon, but they puffed up a bit more.
…aaaaand here they are in action down the bog:
I s’pose if you wanted to you could add food colouring if you want colour in your fizzy shitbox, but that’s up to you.