I love this soup. It’s buttery, filling and garlic-y, and the kind of soup you eat with home baked bread rolls loaded with butter.
Shit you’ll need:
- Potatoes, obviously. I used five large ones and I DIDN’T PEEL THEM. Give them a good scrub first though. You can also forgo any peeling or boiling and use instant mash for this.
- 60g butter, with extra for those who want MOAR.
- 4 cloves of garlic or powder/purée equivalent.
- 1tsp salt.
- 1tsp cracked black pepper.
- 150ML cream or equivalent.
- 500ML vegetable stock.
- A chopped onion.
Chop and fry your onion along with the garlic, salt, pepper, and butter. Whilst you’re faffing about with that, chop your potatoes to size and boil until they’re softened. If you’re using instant mash, you don’t need to do that part.
When the spuds are soft, transfer them to your slow cooker, with the vegetable stock and the contents of the frying pan. Mash them together, and let them do their thing on auto setting for an hour. If you want to add more butter because you don’t value your arteries, then go ahead, it depends on your tastes of course.
After the hour is done, use a hand blender to make it super smooth if it hasn’t done that itself already. Add the cream, and stir the fuck out of it. Serve with warm crusty bread and butter.
Don’t plan on moving after, this will put you into a food coma if you eat a lot with bread.